Massive Wiki Wednesday (ANZ-Asia), 2021-07-28
Wendy Elford, Bentley Davis, Peter Kaminski
- Wiki "archetypes"
- how do people wiki?
- what are different kinds of wiki?
- which are "good" in what context?
- which are "bad" in what context?
- Massive Wiki Organizational Projects
- Massive Wiki Community Wikis
- what are the next ways wiki might get used
- wiki as interactive (solo or collab) knowledge artifact (rather than a boot or a static website)
- disintermediates knowledge flows away from author-publisher loops
Massive Wiki Motivations
- usable without servers or specific editors
- fork/pull, branches, PRs, structured conversations about the diffs
- holding space for conversations about the knowledge space
- Bamboo Forest
GDM (G*** Docs to Massive)
- a sibling to Matrix-to-Massive
- the idea is to pull Google Docs in a particular folder, transform them to Markdown, and then put them into a folder in a Massive Wiki
- wikis are open space for interaction
- dimensionality of knowledge
- wikis (and knowledge in general) is spatial
- able to share screen and have video on, and viewers can choose which person/screen to make primary
Massive Wiki Community Wikis
- "marcom" site
- user community
- developer community
- some kind of knowledgebase?
Massive Wiki Organization Projects
- Simplest Path To Git
- Critical Massive Wiki Builder Bugs
- Matrix to Massive
- Branding and Logos
- Rationalizing MW Org Wikis
- Community Knowledgebase Wikis (CSC?)
- subsidiarity (chunking, naming)
- federation (linking)
- CSC GitLab and/or Gitea
- remember not to stick on "Git", but Ma SVF (shared, versioned files)
- Advanced Massive Wiki
- interwiki linking
- federating pages
- Git branches, fork/pull, pull requests collaboration
- GDM (G*** Docs to Massive)
- Ionic (Electron, Web)
- Editor: MCEditor, CK Edit, Quill, SlateJS (used by Netlify CMS)?
- Git client
Links and Resources