Massive Wiki Wednesday, 2022-10-19
portions originally from meeting 19 October - Mapping the thinking tool landscape with collective intelligence
- [x] can we have files (like this) that we can share and edit without being published?
- No, but nice feature request.
- [x] homepage spidergraph proposal
- [x] 404 page process
- [x] Scrintal (and "Scrintal Beta Early Access Plan")
- [x] getting new users started (and update or remove the old Getting Started Guide stuff)
- [x] Obsidian v1.0 Released
- [x] "ecosystem of tools"
- [ ] review and prioritize MWB issues and development
- macos doesn't distinguish between case, linux does
Ecosystem of Tools
- "Massive Wiki is a movement to create a wiki ecosystem (rather than just one engine) that provides classic wiki utility, with a plurality of tools and processes that enable decentralization and federation of the pages."
- sharing HackMD links - https://hackmd.io/@peterkaminski/H1XK1opXo/both?edit
Obsidian v1.0 Released
- new setting for file header
- recommend turning off "Show inline title" (Displays the filename as an editable title inline with the file contents.) and continue to use the
# Page Title convention
- consider using "Page Heading From Links" community plugin
- don't need separate "Collapse All" plugin any more
"Working Notes" / "Management" pages in Massive Wiki
- create a feature request for a way to flag pages or entire folder(s) that don't get published to the web
- create an "Internal Pages" section of your site, with an explanatory section home page explaining what "internal pages" are; maybe add a header at the top of each page
- for super-clean websites, have a staging wiki website, and a production website
- with Git branches
- with two separate repos
- build phase: 404.md solution, mentioning that we're upgrading to a 'auto-stub creation' process.
- example: Lionsberg: https://lionsberg.wiki/404.md
homepage spidergraph proposal
- put interactive form into later project phase