2022-10-24 some markdown testing
This is an Obsidian note to observe what happens in MWB when making bulleted (un-ordered) lists.
- like this bullet item here
- and this other one
- and yet a third one following on
- without adding any spaces at the
- end of the lines; just CRs
- however, a blank line is needed before starting the list
later that same day (2022-10-24)
- we add this page to developer wiki
- just to keep ourselves honest about what MWB does with un-ordered lists
- so this list only has CRs at the end of the lines
but this list here
- has explicit two space characters
- at the end of each line
- which seems like a lot to ask
- of the hapless folk just trying to
- make a list.
notes on what was observed
- a line of plain text followed by items with leading hyphens "-" are
formatted by MWB as an HTML paragraph, not as an unordered list.
- one solution is to place a blank line between the sentence and the
listed items. this is formatted as an un-ordered list.
- last observation: any kind of header can be followed by an
un-ordered list, and list items can be terminated by CRs (i.e., no
blank spaces are needed at the end of the list items)